Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Anyone need some snow?

Well Saturday and Sunday were just another exciting couple of days for the Midwest. I heard that we got 26" of snow total!!! I thought when they said that they were expecting our area to get a foot, that that was pretty extreme, but 26" OH MY!
My boyfriend and I were borded and sick of being inside so we went to his Grandma's house, its just across town. So we drove his car, on our way over there we fishtailed back and forth multiple times, and he even had to gun it just to make it to her driveway. Her drive way faces a dead end street, in which the wind blows directly on, blowing the snow all the way to the edge of her driveway. Thank goodness one of her sons came down and was able to snowblow her driveway. It wasn't very smart of us to go out in it I know, but we were bored and if we needed to we could have just stayed over night there, so we thought it was a fine idea. After we had sat and played games for three hours we had decided to head home, by then the snow plows had been out, her way. The mayor lives out by her so she said that they get "special" treatment. When we went out to Mike's car there was a huge snow pile behind it, so Mike grabbed a shovel as I grabbed his ice scraper, to scrap off his windows. When I was done I went to see if he needed any help and he told me to get in the car. I wasn't going to argue with him so I yelled goodbye and thank you to his grandma, and then climed in the nice warm car.
As I waited for Mike to get in the car as well I started to wonder if we would be able to get into our parking lot. As we drove home, we fishtailed the car again. Then we came to our parking lot, which like we thought was blown over one the one side, so we thought we would trick old mother nature and go to the other entrence of our lot and try to get in that way, but as you already guessed, she out smarted us and had that blown over too. After driving around the block six times wondering if he should try to get through or not, Mike finally parked the car. As I took that first step into the snow, I sunk right up to my knee.
When we finally got up to the door, I couldn't wait to get warmed up inside, it would have been nice if the snow would have stopped then, but no it kept coming. The next day everyone was out digging out thier cars, and starting them. My dad and brother came to help Mike and I get our cars out, Mikes wasn't so bad on the street, but mine was covered in the parking lot.
I really hated snow before, but now I don't even want a white Christmas. It's not even officially Winter yet and we already almost broke records. I think that Old Man Winter, and Jack Frost, need to stop having fun at our expence. Its all fun and games until you have to shovel it.

1 comment: